OUR STANDARD POLICY INCLUDES:
- Defense Outside the Limits (25% of the per-claim limit, subject to a maximum of $1,000,000)
Defense Outside the Limits helps pay the cost of defending a claim made against the insured so the cost of defending your case does not erode your policy limits available to pay settlements or judgments resulting from a covered claim. See policy terms and conditions for details.
- First Dollar Defense
First Dollar Defense is a feature that applies the deductible toward indemnity costs rather than defense costs. With this feature, the policyholder does not pay a deductible toward the costs of defending a claim.
- Aggregate Deductible
An aggregate deductible is assessed on a cumulative basis, rather than on a per-claim basis. This means that a FLMIC policyholder pays their deductible only once per policy, not each time a claim is made under the same policy.
- No Deductible for Claims Arising from Pro Bono Work
FLMIC waives the deductible obligation for claims arising from Pro Bono legal services.
- Disciplinary Proceeding Coverage (up to a maximum of $10,000)
Disciplinary Proceeding Coverage pays the expenses required to defend an insured attorney when a state bar association or regulatory agency brings disciplinary proceedings against him or her. See policy terms and conditions for details.
- Trial Attendance Compensation
FLMIC will pay the Insured a loss of earnings allowance when the Insured attends a trial at our request. Please see Insuring Agreement for additional details.
- Personal Injury Coverage
Provides coverage for certain negligent acts while performing legal services. Includes malicious prosecution, abuse of process, defamation, false imprisonment, and wrongful eviction.
- Innocent Insured Coverage
Innocent Insured Coverage protect innocent attorneys from losing coverage when another lawyer at the firm commits a wrongful act that may not be covered under the policy due to certain policy terms and conditions.
- Paralegal and Non-Attorney Staff Coverage
Coverage for non-lawyers for services performed in the course and scope of employment with the insured firm.
- Of Counsel Coverage
Any lawyer serving as “of counsel” to the Named Insured.
- Arbitrator/Mediator Coverage
Coverage for services provided by an Insured on behalf of the Named Insured as an arbitrator, mediator, special master or hearing officer.
- Title Agent Coverage (excludes title agencies)
Coverage is provided for attorneys who perform title agent services through their law firm. Coverage not available when acting as a title agent for a separate entity.
- Cyber Liability Coverage
Coverage is provided in the event of a cyber breach where the integrity, security or confidentiality of information is at risk of a potential security threat.
Policy features are subject to all terms and conditions of the policy.
IN ADDITION, WE OFFER:
- Premium Credit for Claim Free History and Low Risk Practice Areas
- 10% Premium Discount for Florida Bar Board Certified Attorneys
ADDED BENEFIT OF FLPL E-JD™
OUR CYBER LIABILITY COVERAGE INCLUDES:
- Multimedia Liability Coverage
- Security and Privacy Liability Coverage
- Network Asset Protection Coverage
- Cyber Extortion & Terrorism Coverage
- One-Call Claims Support
- Nationwide Privacy Breach Notification Services
- Fine and Penalties Coverage
- Risk Management and Training Resources
Please see the FLPL E-JD™ terms and conditions for details.